Friday, July 13, 2007

Making Progress

I'm proud to say I've gotten a "second wind"! After getting bogged down in summer "school stuff", I've finally had time the past few days to work on adding some of the ideas I gathered while in New York into my fall courses. I am SO excited! Just this morning, I created a Jeopardy game using a PowerPoint template (Walter, I found one through a Google search that a Wake Forest math teacher designed and allows others to modify from hers - YEA!!!) It looks SO cool, and I'm even working on making up one for another one course. AND, I (hope) I have found some software from Google called Sketchup (at www.sketchup.com, if anyone's interested) that will, at least, get me started on my idea of the 3D house students can use to assess their home health patient. This was my "idea" for one of our first assignments, and I posted about it in, I think, my very first BLOG. Maybe I won't need so much help from those computer geeks after all (or am I becoming one!!?? :)

Well, I must get back off to work since I seem to be on a roll!! Hang in there, guys!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hey! I like you being on a roll! I saw your comment on otility.com and I was tickled that you are my long-winded soulmate. You seem to have some really innovative ideas, I am impressed. Now you just need to get technologically savvy enough to carry them out. Keep up the good work, I'm going to add you to my blog sidebar when I get home tonight.

Merrolee said...

HI Cathy
Karen passed on your blog URL to me - I'm an educator in Aotearoa/New Zealand....have used Blackboard, exploring Web 2.0 tools etc... just rushing to class now but if you'd like to check out my blog
http://oteducation.wordpress.com

also have links to educators in the UK at University of Salford... but more later - I'd like to comment on some of your ideas around use of technology!
Yes sketch-up looks like great fun!

Merrolee said...

Hey Cathy
How have your plans for developing the course gone? You've not added to your blog - but perhaps you're overwhelmed with teaching? This is just a quick note to say hi and to encourage you to keep going!

Richard said...

Hello!

I wasn't able to locate your email so I thought I'd leave a comment. Given the ever growing need for Occupational Therapists, I put together an article with a list of financial aid options for those hoping to enter the field. If you wouldn’t mind, could you share my article with your readers?

Here's the post:

http://blog.onlinecollegeguru.com/health-care/financial-aid-for-occupational-therapists/

Many thanks!