Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Okay, I'm glad this posting weekly idea wasn't a New Year's resolution - I've already failed. I guess I should add it to my "to do" calendar on Mondays so I'll have a better chance of remembering. Things are still very busy for me. Summer school has gotten into full swing (and is actually almost half over!); my dissertation is progressing, though still not as quickly as I'd like - I'm waiting on feedback from my mentor on chapters 1-3 in order to have it prepared to send to my committee. Meanwhile, I'm revising a grant proposal submission for some research funding (that might, hopefully conincide with and provide some funding for my dissertation), though things are not smooth - one of my facilities backed out on me, and I'm starting over with another one.

In the way of technology and e-learning, our Dean (and hopefully, our university administration) is getting on board with and more supportive of electronic learning opportunities. We have a college goal (well, MANDATE) of having at least one exam per course each semester computerized and developing at least 50 examination questions per course that are comparable to our discipline's certification/board exam. This keeps me occupied between my other tasks - WHEW!

I would love an on-line teaching position to boost my income/cash flow and help pay for my tuition, but so far, everything I've seen requires a PhD - "catch 22"!!! : ) And, so it goes....

No comments: